Pills are not the only way to manage your child’s inappropriate or maladaptive behaviors.
Neurofeedback therapy is a safe, non-invasive, alternative option for the treatment of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in children and adolescents. In November 2012, the American Academy of Pediatrics approved biofeedback and neurofeedback as a Level 1 or “best support” treatment option for children suffering from ADHD.
For parents looking for an effective, non-drug treatment of ADHD, neurofeedback is one worth serious consideration.
It is estimated that two million children in the United States are struggling with the symptoms of ADHD, which are inattention or inattention combined with hyperactivity. Common indicators of ADHD with hyperactivity are:
- Feeling restless, fidgeting, and/or squirming
- Impulsive speech and blurting answers
- Having difficulty remaining patient and quiet
- Excessive talking and moving, constantly in motion
Indicators of inattention type include:
- Inability to focus
- Carelessness with schoolwork and other tasks
- Very easily distracted
- Losing or forgetting important items
- Commonly do not complete tasks once started and bounce from one activity to the next
Interested in scheduling a neurofeedback consultation? Call 208.939.3999 or click here to schedule an appointment.
Click here for more information on Neurofeedback Treatment for ADHD