What is the History of EMDR?
Since the initial medical study in 1989 positive therapeutic results with EMDR have been reported with the following populations:
- People who have witnessed or been a victim to a disaster (rape, accidents, earth quakes, fires, murder, gang related violence)
- Clients suffering from PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder)
- Suffers of panic disorders and anxiety attacks
- Suffers of phobias
- Chemically dependent clients
- Persons exposed to excess loss (loss by death, divorce, loss of a house by fire)
- Crime victims and police officers who were once overcome with violent memories
- Accident or burn victims
Although a fairly new therapeutic technique, EMDR is meeting with much success all across the county.
EMDR is a natural process.
The client and the therapist become partners on a journey to help move traumatic and blocked energy. Together they work to transcend and free up the energy, so the client can return to their natural grounded state of being. The goal of this work is to help the client heal, so they can return to their life in peace.
Interested in scheduling an EMDR consultation? Call 208.939.3999 or click here to schedule an appointment.